Friday, September 7, 2007

In Memory of Jackie

Jackie- November 02, 2001
This is for Jackie, our beloved black cat who was with us for about 15 years. He had been getting old, but after his old dog buddy, Conan, died on Sept. 11, 2001, he went rapidly downhill. He left us on November 2nd, to join Conan, too soon, just too soon. He was special to my daughter, Heather, helping her through her troubling teen years and when she grew up and left he then became my special friend too. He always had a spot in his heart for Heather though and was always glad to see her.
"Memory, all alone in the moonlight, I can smile at the old days, I was beautiful then. I remember the time I knew what happiness was, Let the memory, live again Daylight, I must wait for the sunrise, I must think of a new life, And I mustn't give in. When the dawn comes tonight will be a memory too, And a new day, will begin."

from "Cats"

We miss you very much Love, Mom and Heather

No comments: